Friday, July 24, 2009

A fantastic journey - now what?

Dear readers,

Västerbottens Folkblad did something a lot of other medias did not - care about this political action. Do have a look at the article in VT (in Swedish). SR Västerbotten has also been in touch with me, they want to make an interview and we'll see what happens after that.

Yesterday was a day of rest, and the travel back was days of thinking. As I'm doing military service now, starting on Monday, I won't be keen on starting some sort of big follow-up-action as a result of having made this journey. Also: why should I? There is already a great living forum to take part in if you want to change the way EU and it's democracy works. It's called the Pirate party, and I'm a member of it. If you want to know more, do look up Piratpartiet Sweden or Pirate party International. We want to transform the union of EU into a more transparent and open cooperation between countries.

The other thing you can do, if wanting a difference, is to talk to people. Communicate. Tell others about what you think about the European Union and listen closely to what others say. Always feel free to use my journey as an example of how far it really is to the European parliament in Brussels. Spread the word that something needs to change. This has been my way of underlining the importancy of dealing with this issue. Maybe by telling others that some fool did 2612 kilometers on inlines just because he so much wanted to see a difference in the way EU works, you can make them listen more closely to what you tell them. Use this action in any way you like, it is all good to me and you have my full trust.

Media, in the end, has most of the time been ignoring what I've been doing. If nothing else, this shows how the present managers of society are trying to hold on to yesterdays world - by ignoring this global movement that thrives for the governments to respects basic human rights. Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights says "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers." Free knowledge, shared culture and protected private life - the three main parts of the Pirate party - is all incorporated in this one article. Even though, I can't help saying this, myself I would very much like to change "protected private life" to "open society" or "öppet samhälle". I have to leave now. I will put in some more pictures later, but until then, do think about what I am trying to say. Because this is very, very important.

The pictures posted are of the pirates of Aachen, who are going for the local elections this autumn by the way, a pair of free feet and a after all very satistfied and happy Johan.

Last, I would make a special thank you to everybody who has made an economical donation to me via paypal. I got about 500 swedish crowns from ordinary people who donated - and then we are not counting my friend Micke who has helped me with this blog and my parent who has also made a contribution. Thank you so very much!

To sum up for all this... thank you for listening.

/Johan Lundström


4 comments: